BUSI 650 Quiz 1
BUSI 650 Week 1 Quiz
1. In the Service Matrix, to which quadrant does recreation belong?
2. Which of the following is NOT an advantage of rapid response?
3. Which form of transportation system utilizes group technology?
4. Layout analysis is usually performed for the following purpose(s):
5. Continuous processes are characterized by low to moderate output variety and one to few in batch size.
6. Customization occurs when
7. As an alternative to research, industries where bringing a product to market is extremely expensive (for example, high technology or pharmaceuticals) tend to adapt the imitation strategy.
8. Which of the following is among the six major elements of a production system?
9. Balancing a production line includes the following tasks, EXCEPT:
10. Sub-optimization occurs when one part of the system is improved to the detriment of other parts of the system.
11. In the product-process matrix, when the size of a batch increases significantly, with a corresponding decrease in output variety, then the flow shop is appropriate.
12. Which of the following is NOT a major element of a service guarantee?
13. Paced lines use some sort of conveyor to move output along the production line at a variable rate, so that operators do their work as they need.
14. In cellular production the cellular form allows for a level of customization usually found in job shops.
15. A distinction between normal goods and information/knowledge is that
16. Vision statements express the organization’s purpose or reason for existence.
17. The resource-based view considers the set of resources available to the organization as a secondary driver of the business strategy.
18. A general characteristic of a job shop is that it requires a small variety of inputs, and minimal variations in the time it takes for a complete “job”.
19. A renovation activity is any physical entity accompanying a transformation that adds value.
20. The product-process matrix developed by Hayes and Wheeelwright (1979) explains how transformation systems vary from project –on the top left corner-to continuous processes –on the bottom right corner. Its vertical axis illustrates:
21. The cost-volume-distance (CVD) model is suitable for layouts in which moving materials or people between departments is a major consideration.
22. Bartmess and Cerny (1996) identify three elements of a core capability that hinders imitation; which of the following is NOT one of these elements?
23. A type of output that commonly results from a production system is:
24. Which of the following is NOT considered a characteristic of a service?
25. Which of the following is FALSE for job shops?
|Institution & Term/Date|