MN 553 Unit 8 Quiz 1
MN 553 Unit 8 Quiz 1 – Question and Answers
1. Charlie is a 65-year-old male who has been diagnosed with hypertension and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Doxazosin has been chosen to treat his hypertension because it:
2. Which of the following adverse effects are less likely in a beta1-selective blocker?
3. Beta blockers have favorable effects on survival and disease progression in heart failure. Treatment should be initiated when the
4. You are treating a patient with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. The patient’s wife mentions difficulty with transportation to the clinic. Which medication is the best choice?
5. Antonia is a 3-year-old child who has a history of status epilepticus. Along with her routine antiseizure medication, she should also have a home prescription for_________ to be used for an episode of status epilepticus.
6. Dwayne has recently started on carbamazepine to treat seizures. He comes to see you and you note that while his carbamazepine levels had been in the therapeutic range, they are now low. The possible cause for the low carbamazepine levels include
7. Kasey fractured his ankle in two places and is asking for medication for his pain. The appropriate first-line medication would be:
8. Jack, age 8, has attention deficit disorder (ADD) and is prescribed methylphenidate (Ritalin). He and his parents should be educated about the side effects of methylphenidate, which are
9. An appropriate first-line drug to try for mild to moderate generalized anxiety disorder would be
10. David is a 34-year-old patient who is starting on paroxetine (Paxil) for depression. David’s education regarding his medication would include
11. An appropriate drug for the treatment of depression with anxiety would be
12. The longer-term Xanax patient comes in and states they need a higher dose of the medication. They deny any additional, new, or accelerating triggers of their anxiety. What is the probable reason? A first-line drug for abortive therapy in simple migraine is
13. Xi, a 54-year-old female, has a history of migraines that do not respond well to OTC migraine medication. She is asking to try Maxalt (rizatriptan) because it works well for her friend. Appropriate decision making would be
14. Kelly is a 14-year-old patient who presents to the clinic with a classic migraine. She says she is having a headache two to three times a month. The initial plan would be
15. James has been diagnosed with cluster headaches. Appropriate acute therapy would be:
16. If interventions to resolve the cause of pain (e.g., rest, ice, compression, and elevation) are insufficient, pain medications are given based on the severity of pain. Drugs are given in which order of use?
17. Chemical dependency assessment is integral to the initial assessment of chronic pain. Which of the following raises a “red flag” about potential chemical dependency?
18. The Pain Management Contract is appropriate for:
19. Which of the following statements is true about age and pain?
|Institution & Term/Date