NSG 6440 APEA Exam - IMMUNOLOGY
NSG 6440 APEA Exam IMMUNOLOGY
1. An older adult has suspected B12 deficiency. Which of the following lab is more indicative of a B12 deficiency?
2. What is the usual recommendation about administering MMR and varicella immunizations?
3. Besides inadequate intake of vitamin D in older adults, which other factor contributes to deficiencies?
4. What statement is true about anemia in older adults?
5. An older adult has suspected B12 deficiency. Which of the following labs indices is most indicative of a B12 deficiency?
6. A mother reports that her child is not allergic to chicken but is allergic to ducks and duck feathers. This child is 4 years old today. Which immunization should he receive?
7. A 34-year-old female has been recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and is being cared for a rheumatologist. Her current medication list includes methotrexate, levothyroxine, and Depo-Provera contraceptive. She presents to your primary clinic for her annual examination. What diagnosis is likely?
8. An 18-year-old female patient has iron deficiency anemia. If this anemia has occurred in the past 3-4 months, what might be expected?
9. An African American male complains of pain in his back and trunk. He is diagnosed with multiple myeloma. His is probably:
10. A patient complains of numbness and tingling in both hands. He has the following lab values. The nurse practitioner should suspect:
11. A patient with pernicious anemia may be observed to have:
12. A full-term newborn is diagnosed with hyperbilirubinemia. When would his bilirubin levels be expected to peak?
13. A patient cut himself on the fence post while working outside. He has not had a tetanus shot in more than 10 yeas. How long can he wait before getting the immunization and still prevent tetanus?
14. A female patient has been diagnosed with Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD). What should be done to prevent lysis of red cells in this patient?
15. Restless legs syndrome is part of the differential diagnose for Mr. Wheaton. What should be part of the laboratory workup?
16. Lead toxicity can be associated with:
17. A child and father live in a house that was built in the 1960s. They both are found to be lead toxic. Which type of anemia is typically observed in patients who are lead toxic?
18. Epstein-Barr virus is responsible for:
19. Which of the following tests, if positive, is part of the criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)?
20. Which white cell should be present in the greatest number in a patient who is health today?
21. A 72-year-old male has been diagnosed with anemia. Which of the following statements is true?
22. A patient demonstrates leukocytosis. This means:
23. A definitive diagnosis of sickle cell anemia can be made be:
24. A 70-year-old male who is a smoker has lymph nodes in his axillary and inguinal areas that are palpable but nontender. He states that he feels well today. However, he has a nonproductive cough for the past 4 weeks. What should be included in a differential diagnosis for this patient?
25. Which disease listed below can be associated with lymphocytosis?
26. Which hallmark finding is associated with both B12 and folate deficiencies?
27. MMR immunization is safe in children:
28. A patient has had an allergic reaction to seafood with anaphylaxis 48 hours ago. Which white cell will probably be abnormal?
29. An older adult has suspected vitamin B12 deficiency. Which of the following lab indices is more indicative of a vitamin B12 deficiency?
30. A female vegetarian presents to your clinic with symptoms of fatigue. What can the NP suggest she eat to help with resolution of iron deficiency anemia?
31. A vitamin B12 deficiency might be suspected in an older patient with what complaints?
|Institution & Term/Date|