BUS 644 Week 4 Discussion 2, Monique Food Processing Company and Capacity
BUS 644 Week 4, Discussion 2: Monique Food Processing Company and Capacity
Read Problem 6: The “Monique Food Processing Company” in Chapter 8 of your text.
Monique Food Processing Company produces light snacks that can be heated in a microwave. The following steps are included in the process:
Measure and place in plastic pouch
Prepare cardboard box
Insert pouch into box
- What is the system capacity, and which is the bottleneck department?
- How much slack (unused capacity) is available in other departments?
- How much system capacity can be gained by adding capacity to the bottleneck?
- What are the key factors that determine when to add capacity?
- Why would an organization want to reduce its capacity?
Make and include calculations. Answer questions a - e. Your initial post should be 200-250 words.
|Institution & Term/Date|