HLT 305 Topic 1 Assignment, Personal Values and Moral Integrity: Spring 2020
HLT 305 Topic 1 Assignment, Personal Values and moral Integrity
Throughout this course, we will look at many different scenarios, viewpoints, and medically legal requirements that at
times may differ from your own value system. For this first assignment, examine your personal value system in relation
to the professional values described in the assigned readings. Together, these influence your worldview and approach to
ethical decision-making. In a reflective paper of 1,000-1,200 words, answer the following questions:
- How do you personally define values and morals?
- What events, experiences, and teachings have influenced the development of your values and morals?
- How do your personal beliefs regarding moral and ethical behavior influence your worldview (perspective) and behavior?
- How do your cultural values and personal traditions influence your worldview (perspective) and behavior?
- How do you distinguish between moral conflicts and ethical dilemmas within health care?
- Discuss integrity, accountability, and ethical behavior in health care. Why are these concepts important in the context of patient care?
Include at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed references from the GCU Library to support your positions.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
|Institution & Term/Date|