NURS 6541 Week 2 Quiz 3 - Question and Answers
NURS 6541 Week 2 Quiz - NURS-6541D-1,Primary Care Adolescnt & Child
1. A 3-year-old (37 months) refuses to have bowel movements on the toilet. He is bladder trained. He goes and hides and squats when having bowel movements. Positive encouragement and praise is not working. You advise:
2. You see a healthy 18-month-old for a well-child visit. At the 12-month visit he received the diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) third dose; hepatitis B second dose; measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) first dose; injected poliovirus (IPV) second dose; pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13) fourth dose; and Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) fourth dose. Which of the following do you order today?
3. The parent of a 2-year-old tells you her daughter recently started having breath-holding spells. She tells you the older sibling “did the same thing” and asks you for help. You advise her that after a breath-holding event:
4. You receive a phone call from the mother of a 2-year-old. She states her child has sleep refusal. You suggest the child should be able to:
5. You see a 30-month-old who speaks in mixed Spanish and English. The child’s vocabulary is normal but at the low end of the normal language spectrum. The parent is worried the child’s development will not be normal because she mixes up the two languages. You respond:
6. A mother of a 6-month-old asks you about normal speech patterns for an infant this age. The best response is:
7. A common feature of 2-year-old behavior is:
8. You see a 6-month-old who is fussy, has interrupted sleep, and is drooling. You note large lower lateral incisor bulges. You recommend:
9. You see a 4-year-old for a well-child visit. He has received four diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccines (DTaP); three injected polio vaccines (IPV); one measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR); one varicella vaccine; and two hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccines. What do you order today?
10. You see a young child who has tripled her birth weight and looks for hidden objects. When given blocks, she places one in each hand. She has a fine pincer grasp. On the floor, she walks around holding objects and is trying to take independent steps. This child is most likely how old?
|Institution & Term/Date|
Tags: NURS 6541