EDR 610 Quiz 1 Question with Answers
EDR 610 Quiz 1 - Question and Answers
1. Standardized social studies test scores have been very, very low for several years in a local parish. Ms. Bolden, the superintendent, has identified the outdated curriculum being used as a major cause for these low scores. She must recommend to the Board of Education a new curriculum (i.e., textbook series, instructional approach and strategies, supplemental materials including related technology, etc.) for parish-wide adoption. Which of the following is the MOST appropriate knowledge base upon which she should rely for choosing a specific curriculum for adoption?
2. A valuable source of information characterized by the systematic collection, analysis, and interpretation of data is
3. Which of the following characteristics distinguish research from other sources of knowledge?
4. Why is scientific inquiry important in education?
5. What is a theory?
6. Which of the following is a critically important characteristic of the six steps of the research 7 process identified by McMillan?
7. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of quantitative research?
8. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of qualitative research?
9. Which of the following characteristics most clearly differentiates experimental research designs from other types of quantitative designs? The researcher
10. Which of the following is a common characteristic of true experimental, quasi-experimental, and single-subject research designs?
11. Which of the following types of research is non-interactive in nature?
12. Which type of research best describes the following study? A researcher used a mid-term social studies exam to identify six students who performed exceptionally well or exceptionally poorly. Once identified, each student was interviewed to understand the nature of their preparation for the exam.
13. Which of the following designs attempts to describe and interpret a cultural or social group system?
14. From the following questions, identify the one that could be answered by doing evaluation research.
15. Which of the following components of a research report provides an explanation of the analysis of the data?
16. Which of the following BEST exemplifies a research problem as defined in the text?
17. Which of the following is the BEST example of a statement of a research problem as defined in the text?
18. Which of the following is a researchable problem?
19. Based on the author's discussion of the nature of research problems, which of the following is the LEAST appropriate research problem?
20. Which of the following represents a legitimate source of a research problem?
21. Which of the following BEST characterizes the difference between quantitative and qualitative problems.
22. Which of the following statements is MOST aligned with a researcher studying a qualitative problem?
23. Which of the following statements is MOST aligned with a researcher using QUANTITATIVE methods?
24. Which of the following would NOT be identified in a good quantitative research problem?
25. Which term is used to describe a phenomena that has many values?
26. The following are definitions of the term "tantrum." Identify the constitutive definition.
27. Which of the following is the BEST definition of the term operational definition?
28. Which of the following italicized variables can be described as a dependent variable?
29. A variable that might interfere with the results of a study is called
30. Which of the following variables can be described as continuous?
31. Which of the following research problems meets all of the criteria discussed in the text to evaluate a quantitative research problem?
32. Which of the following is a legitimate reason for using a hypothesis rather than a research question?
33. The following statement is an example of which type of hypothesis? There is a negative relationship between birth rate and socio-economic status.
34. Which of the following is a research hypothesis rather than a statistical hypothesis?
35. Which of the following is a poor example of a hypothesis?
36. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a qualitative research problem?
37. Which of the following is the BETTER qualitative research problem?
38. What is the purpose of the standards and guidelines for ethics in educational research?
39. Which of the following is true about the ethical guidelines for the use of deception in a research study?
40. Which of the following should be included in a research study consent document?
41. The National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research recommends that child consent, known as child assent, be established in a research study that involves children. Which of the following statements is true about child assent?
42. When is a full review by an institutional review board required?
|Institution & Term/Date|
|Term/Date||North Arizona University|
Tags: EDR 610