HLT 555 Week 8 Benchmark Assignment, Health Impact Assessment Paper 3 (Waste Management Project)
HLT 555 Week 8 Benchmark Assignment, Health Impact Assessment
A health impact assessment (HIA), described in Chapter 4 of your textbook, is a process for describing and estimating the effects a proposed project or policy may have on the health of a population. For this assignment, imagine you asked to conduct a HIA for a proposed waste management facility in your community.
In a paper of 1,250-1,500-words address the following questions and issues:
- Provide an overview and description of the stages of an health impact assessment. How is it different from other forms of assessment, such as an environmental impact assessment or a community health assessment?
- What information would you need about the proposed project?
- What information would you need about the community to understand the potential health effects?
- What recommendations would you propose to promote positive health effects? What recommendations would you propose to mitigate adverse health effects?
- Which decision makers would need this information? Why?
You are required to use a minimum of five additional references in your paper.
|Institution & Term/Date|
|Term/Date||Grand Canyon University|