PSYC-4002-1 Week 4 Test
PSYC-4002-1-Brain and Behavior-2021-Winter-QTR-Term-wks-1-thru-6
PSYC 4002 Test - Week 4
1. One of the newest proposed pharmaceutical means of addressing obesity has been to administer an appetite-suppressing hormone known as , which in studies has been shown to reduce caloric intake by more than 25%.
2. Androgens are produced by the:
3. Mavis, who does not exercise, has reduced her calorie intake by 25% and expects to lose a lot of weight. What is likely to happen?
4. Maccoby and Jacklin (1974) concluded that boys and girls di"ered in their abilities in what areas?
5. The feminization of the brain is now known to require more than an absence of but also the influence of .
6. Some examples of incentives are:
7. The development of gonads into a male or female pattern depends on:
8. What is a reasonable approach to interpreting sex di"erences in cognition and behavior, according to the textbook?
9. Prader-Willi syndrome involves:
10. A is a chemical that is released by one animal to a"ect the physiology and or behavior of another member of (usually) the same species.
11. Sensation seeking is an essential component of:
12. Sex is considered to be a form of behavior.
13. An individual with congenital adrenal hyperplasia will
14. Robert could not get used to the changing seasons; he felt hot so he wanted the air conditioning on, then he felt chilled. His sensations of being either too hot or too cold resulted from the actions of his:
15. One drug therapy that has shown some e"ectiveness with bulimics is:
16. Exercising during dieting increases weight loss because it:
17. You decide to be good to yourself and eat an entire giant cinnamon roll with lots of icing. Afterwards, your glucoprivic hunger would be , and your lipoprivic hunger would be .
18. Storage of glucose and fats is controlled by:
19. Males usually have a sexual period while females do not.
20. Which of the following neurotransmitters increases in the nucleus accumbens during sexual activity?
|Institution & Term/Date|